Trumpeter 1/35 Bergepanzer IV Kit #00389
A Little Bit of History

The Bergepanzer IV was a simple conversion of hulls which had been returned for major overhaul. The turret was removed and the turret ring opening was covered with wooden planks held by steel frames, with a simple hatch on the right side. Sockets were welded to the superstructure roof to mount a 2 ton Crane, which was a hand operated tripod. Brackets were attached to carry a wooden unditching beam and to stow the Kran together with tow bars. A vertical coupling was attached to the rear to tow other vehicles using the tow bars. Other recovery equipment was stowed inside the vehicle on wooden planks above the fuel tanks

A total of 21 or 36 Bergepanzer IV were completed between October 1944 and March 1945.

The Bergepanzers IV were issued to the following units:
1.Kp./Pz.Jg.Abt.51
11.Inf.Div.
2.SS-Pz.Div.
212.Volks-Gren.Div.
276. Volks-Gren.Div..
4.SS-Pz.Gren.Div.
559.Volks-Gren.Div.
An unnamed SS.Pz.Jg.Abt.
4.Kav.Div.

bergepanzer-iv-photo-two

 

bergepanzer-iv-photo

 

bergepanzer-iv-photo-three

 

bergerpanzer-blueprints-two

bergerpanzer-blueprints