Tag Archive: Testors

The Finished Project

Well It is finally done, I have to say it was a paint at times but I am very proud of the results. I dedicate this to my wife “Andrea”. I want to thank MIG Productions for their amazing products all down the line. As well as Vallejo Air Acrylics and Model Master and Fluoquil Enamels.













Finishing up with the wash and hand painting of “Add On’s”

 just finished the overall and pinwash of the hull and turret. I also finished up the painting of the “Pioneer Tools”,exhaust,chains and cables etc. I will then do a pinwash on those said items. I used MIG medium brown and dark wash. And used a combo of Vallejo and Testors for the brush painting.




In these photos I had just finished the initial “Detergent Chipping Method”. For a brief summary, two days after I had applied the Testor’s Model Master Schwarzgrau ’39-’43 Enamel Paint. After finally drying enough to handle. My next move was to mask off  as much of the vehicle that I didn’t want overspray on. The color I used was  Citadel Colour Acrylic Skull White, a French brand. What a choice huh? Couldn’t get a hold of any Tamiya X-2 Acyrlic Paint. I now shot the white,with no problems. Then while the paint was drying I cleaned my airbrush up,because my Iwata Revolution  for some reason hates acrylics. At this point I carried my “Baby” to the sink, for the “Bath”. I rinsed the two main parts the turret and the hull under the sink with a gentle rinse. Took them out ,and sprinkled dry laundry detergent over the obvious areas. I then let set for 30 seconds,and then repeated the rinse. In some cases of what you are looking for ,you can repeat the Detergent Step to get a light to heavy chipping look. Also you can use a light brush such as a old toothbrush for stubborn areas.  Bye for now.

Well my friends this project is finally done. It took me a while because we are in the process of leaving Las Vegas,Nevada. And most of my time has been spent on packing for our move this October 6th, for Wichita Kansas.  These pics. are not up to my standards,so when we get a better digital camera,I will update the pictures.Basically the only items that I used that were not in the kit are the Bronco tracks from my SWS Panzerwerfer kit. The cartridge net was constructed from mosquito netting. The side screens  was from an Eduard photo etched set,as was the instrument panel and rear view mirror. I used Model Master enamels,MIG washes and pigments. Overall  I am pretty satisfied with the results. I hope you enjoy the pics. and remember I will update  them for a crisper clearer shot. Thankyou my friends,enjoy.

Victor Michael Feodorov    

Stad's Stuff

Your Source for Plastic Figures

Plastic Models... By CharleyGnarly

Just a regular Joe, sharing tips and such for other regular Joes and Janes.

amateur airplanes

Let's build.


Random thoughts of a random fellow