Trumpeter 1/35 Bergepanzer IV
The Final Steps

After completing the modulation process, I painted the tracks, the rubber on the running wheels, the tools, etc. Then I sprayed an acrylic clear gloss coat on everything and let it sit for two days. After it dried, I applied a wash with MIG and AK Interactive enamel washes. To achieve that dried mud and dirt effect, I used an acyrlic binder for the pigments around the inside of the lower hull. For Dunkelgrau, I used washes such as rust, engine grime, and MIG German/Blue. Again I let it sit for two days until it was good and dry. Then laid down a coat of acrylic matte clear.

When that step was finalized, I began work on the “chipping”, using a mixture of Vallejo Dark Grey and Primer Red. I highlighted and dry-brushed the upper surfaces and details. Then completed the weathering effects with the necessary pigments to achieve that “shattered and tattered” look. When all was finalized, I added a light spray of matte acrylic clear coat.

 

31

 

 

 

33

 

 

 

32

 

 

 

 

 

34

 

 

35

 

36

 

37

 

39